Saturday, May 30, 2009

~STRONGER~

For once in my life I feel absolutely great! Hanging out with friends and going to the gym has really really helped me with my self-esteem and I have actually learned a few pointers in how to deal with life in general from a friend that I have recently been hanging out with. As far as the whole Grant (the ex-boyfriend), I can now say that I am completely over him 100%. Yes it took a year but that was my time to heal from all the hurt. When you get burned so many times by someone you really care about, your whole world falls apart and then that is when you take time out for yourself to find out who you are again so that you can move forward.
These are my rules of dating from now on:
1.) Don't be needy
2.) NEVER wait by the phone
3.) Don't go on dates unless they are the one hosting
4.) Don't get attached
5.) They must be a christian
By the way, I am not a needy person but if I can give any advice at all to anybody that would be one of them. I am strongly an independent individual.

I am 21 years old now as of April 12. I have grown as a person and I believe that I am getting better as the years go by. I started going to the gym Three months ago and I feel absolutely amazing. I tried on a summer dress that I have had a few years now and it was actually loose on me and I didn't struggle to zip it up. Of course I was smiling from ear to ear! :) I think I may wear that dress to church in the morning. I have not yet reached my goal weight since I am only losing inches so I still have a little ways to go. I am proud of myself for not giving up and sticking to it this time. Giving up on anything is not acceptable anymore.

Next weekend I am traveling to Tennessee with my cousin Pam and her family. I am so excited to get out of South Carolina for an entire month!!! I am really hoping that I can also visit with my cousin Jessica and spend time with her baby girl as well. I just know that this is going to be an amazing opportunity and I will be taking LOTS of pictures.

No comments: