Sunday, September 21, 2008

Isn't She Lucky


Three weeks ago this kitten was on the verge of death. It was a beautiful Sunday morning when I had went to church, only to come home after visiting a cousin to find my poor kitten lying in a box in my room with no strength to get up or to "meow." Before I left to go to church I noticed that my kitten wasn't interacting with any of the others and it would walk a certain distance then ball up and go to sleep. I knew it wasn't normal.
The mother wasn't feeding her kittens on a regular basis and this kitten needed nutrients to gain it's strength back. So I told my mom to fix me some warm milk and to bring me a straw hoping that I could get my poor little kitten nursed back to health. I fed it some milk, praying to God, "Please don't take this kitten!!!" So after I fed it I layed it back down to rest and within a few hours she had purked up and was on her feet, not quite ready to play. After the kitten woke up, I fed it a little bit of soft meat and then the kitten was fine. I started buying her some friskey's food in a can and she, along with her other siblings enjoys it.
I named my kitten Lucky because she was Lucky to have me there to nurse her back to health. This kitten is the weakest one so Im keeping her inside the house until she gets big enough to be able to survive on her own.


[Her face is a little dirty because when I feed her can food she dives her face into the food]


No comments: