

This is a song that I wrote about a past relationship that turned into a complete disaster within three months. I knew him for seven years so he wasnt a stranger to me. We actually didn't see each other until 2 years after high school at Central Carolina when we were taking a medical course together. I regret the relationship so bad that it literally makes me sick. I look back and I can't see why I fell so hard for a guy that didn't have any morals and that really didnt meet my standards.
I was raised in the church where I knew right from wrong but when he came along, he corrupted me to do things that I never wanted to do. It nearly distroyed me because it was like I didn't know who I was anymore.
But now that I have changed my life around for the better once again, I realize that I deserve so much better than that. Nobody at my age especially should have to go through that. And OMG for those people who get married 21 years and younger... ARE YALL SERIOUS? I don't want to get married until I am like 28 or 29 but then again, it still may not happen that soon. Yall are still young and have a life to live... don't waste it on a relationship that most likely won't last. Live your life, learn new things, smile a lot, take lots of pictures, and most of all have fun (in the right way). Partying your life away won't get you much in life. My ex b/f did that and ended up dropping out of college just to "live it up." Such a waste!!
But I hope that this makes sense because this really did happen.
So if I can get a response please email me @ either sdarkangl06@aol.com
Thanks!!
That wasn't me
written by: Heather smith
9/23/2008
It was the day that I turned 20
Something just didn't feel quite right
But I was looking forward to being with you that night
I had your picture starring at me when I woke up
But I was feeling hurt
I knew that something was wrong
I felt it for so long
Then later you called and said you would be over
in just a while
A while never came
you put your trust at shame
~~~~~~~~~~~
[chorus]
Baby, I was counting on you to be there
I knew you were out somewhere
partying your life away
I stayed up all night
hoping you were alright
and even bowed my head to pray
But didn't think God would hear me
Because of all the mistakes with you I made
Man, I was so ashamed
That wasn't me
~~~~~~~~~
Two days later you stabbed me in the heart
my life then fell apart
Something aweful, something hard
My life was forever changed
And we were afraid that I was with your child
I was afraid and alone
and you were already gone
I went up in front of the congregation
and repented for my sins
I just wanted this shame to end
~~~~~~~~~~
[chorus]
Baby, I was counting on you to be there
I knew you were out somewhere
partying your life away
I stayed up all night
hoping that you were alright
and even bowed my head to pray
But I didn't think God would hear me
because of all the mistakes with you I made
Man, I was so ashamed
That wasn't me
~~~~~~~~~~
5 Months later I still feel the pain
Just like the pouring rain
I regret so much of what I've done
I regret loving you
Because you were one of the few
who couldn't stay true
My grey skies are slowly turning blue
as my thoughts wander away from you
Someday my life will shine
and your name will not enter my mind
~~~~~~~~~~~~
[chorus]
Baby, I just wanted you to be there
I knew you were out somewhere
partying your life away
I stayed up all night
hoping you were alright
and I even bowed my head to pray
But I didn't think God would hear me
Because of all the mistakes with you I made
Man, I was so ashamed
That wasn't me
~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so far gone now
I hope you're doing fine now
and wasting your life away
I don't waste my time to pray
because you weren't true enough to stay
It was all a mistake
Ya, Im doing fine now
Im living my life right now
I started a new beginning
with the hurt finally ending
What do you think about that
You're just a memory
~~~~~~~~~~
[chorus]
Baby I just wanted you to be there
I knew you were out somewhere
partying your life away
I stayed up all night
hoping that you were alright
But, now I know God hears me
when I bow my head to pray
because I repented for all the mistakes with you I made
Man, I was so ashamed
That just wasn't me
No, that wasn't me
1 comment:
Heather.
Everything about this post gave me shivers down spine and goosebumps on my arms. I feel like by reading that one post, I can relate to you so much. I understood everything you said and the song hit hard. It was amazing. I'm sure you know some of my problems because it says you follow my blog, but I'm pretty alone in my life, and I've never known you that well, but I feel like you have a very mature understanding of life like I do, and it sucks that we learned about it the hard way. I guess what I'm saying is, I wouldn't mind getting to know someone that is mature and logical about things because the truth is, I'm very alone in this world. I don't feel like I can relate to anyone. Not even Ryan who I've been dating for three + years. But I feel like we could share an understanding of things and maybe even become close friends. Heaven knows I need one. I hope you're doing well and I hope to hear from you soon!
Talk to you later,
Hannah
Post a Comment